Group BBB Conferences

Jump to solution
ajacobs2
Community Novice

Hi Community -

I act as an Admin and an Instructor in my Canvas course, and I've created my first student group in the course. When I click on "People" in the group, it shows all of the members, and then a separate list of Teachers and TAs. 

Here's my question: I am setting up a Big Blue Button Conference for this group only, and I would like to have my Teachers & TAs in this BBB as well. Do I need to add them as group members, or will they automatically have an invitation/access to the BBB Conference?

Thanks in advance for your support!

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Adrienne,

I only know part of the answer here.  It's not possible to add TAs or instructors into groups.  So i think if you create a conference within the Group you and the TA will not get an invite, but since you have access you can go to the group page and be able to join the group.

Another option I believe would be to create the conference in the course instead of in the group.  When you do this it does give you the option to invite groups instead of the entire class and it might be easier for you and your TA to get to it there.

Rick

View solution in original post