cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfinnerty
Community Member

Group event?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to build events such that only certain groups can see them on their calendar? For example, I would like to post a math department meeting and have it only show up on the calendars of my math teachers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dfinnerty ​...

One thing you could try is to create a Group inside of Canvas that lives outside of any course.  If you have admin rights to Canvas, you can set this up by going to your managed account >> Users >> View User Groups.  Otherwise, you'll need to talk with someone at your school who has admin rights to do this.  At our Technical College, we have student and staff groups set up in this way, and I've seen at least one group add things to the Calendar.  So, for your situation, you could easily create a Group called "Math Department", add everyone from the department to that Group, and assign one person as the "Leader" of that Group so he/she can then add events to the calendar.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dfinnerty ​...

One thing you could try is to create a Group inside of Canvas that lives outside of any course.  If you have admin rights to Canvas, you can set this up by going to your managed account >> Users >> View User Groups.  Otherwise, you'll need to talk with someone at your school who has admin rights to do this.  At our Technical College, we have student and staff groups set up in this way, and I've seen at least one group add things to the Calendar.  So, for your situation, you could easily create a Group called "Math Department", add everyone from the department to that Group, and assign one person as the "Leader" of that Group so he/she can then add events to the calendar.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post