Groups of People where students don't want to be in a group

Jump to solution
govreacladmin
Community Participant

If you set up a group set it won't allow you to manually set up a group of one person. However you can set up a group set and set the participants to 1 if you let the automatic set up do its thing.

If students don't want to be in a group and you don't put them in a group then the comments and other things you do in Speedgrader won't show up for the instructor or student. Students cannot see the comments when they go to the actual item to review feedback. However they can see the feedback if they click on the comment item when they go to their gradebook.

Faculty are questioning why they can't just set up a manual group of 1 or why they can't just have students assigned and not put them in groups.

Does anyone have any insight??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@govreacladmin I am not sure I follow your comment "it won't allow you to manually set up a group of one person", you can have groups with any number of people, even 0.  Students do need to be in a group if you make an assignment a group assignment as otherwise you are not assigning it to them but you can add a group in a group set with just that student in it.  I do this all the time when I train people on groups as I only have a few students in my training course.  I just tested it again by going to "+ Group" and then drug a single student into that group.

-Nick

View solution in original post