leesha_roberts
Community Member

Hi Colleagues!!

I would like to find out if it is possible to create a general discussion forum and then have students placed in groups where they discuss a topic and create an artifact.  After they discuss and create the artifact post in the general forums for all groups to see and discuss. 

For example, students were asked to create an evaluation form for the following:

Group 1: Drill and Practice Software

Group 2: Tutorial Software

Group 3: Instructional Games

In each group, they will discuss and put together the instrument.  After I  want all groups all to come together in a general discussion area where EACH group can see what was done and discuss each artifact. 

Is this possible?  I am able to put them in groups but they can't see other groups.  For example, Group 1 can't see Group 2, etc.  and I want them to come together in the end so everyone can see everything done.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

It's possible but you'll need to do it as two different Discussions in Canvas.  Set up the first one as a Group discussion where they do their work individually.  Then have a 2nd Discussion which is NOT set up as a group discussion where they can have a representative from each group post their results. 

Rick

View solution in original post