cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjdoner
Community Member

HOW TO REMOVE DOWNLOAD OPTION

Jump to solution

How can I remove the download button or option to download from modules/assignments/pages and so forth?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjdoner
Community Member

Hi Kona,

Your swift response is much appreciated. Following the links you sent from previous threads, I used Google Docs to successfully embed the file into my Canvas pages and from here there is no option to download the file. This solution seems ideal.

I am new to this Canvas community but I immediately feel a wealth of support.

Kevin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kjdoner , greetings! Are you trying to prevent students from downloading files? If so, then I'd recommend checking out the information on this conversation - https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/15871-possible-to-show-a-doc-but-prevent-downloading 

Kona

kjdoner
Community Member

Hi Kona,

Your swift response is much appreciated. Following the links you sent from previous threads, I used Google Docs to successfully embed the file into my Canvas pages and from here there is no option to download the file. This solution seems ideal.

I am new to this Canvas community but I immediately feel a wealth of support.

Kevin

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yay! It’s great to know that you found something that should work for what you were wanting! 

And yes, the Community is an awesome place! Hope to see you around! 🙂

Kona

Hello! Is there a solution to removing this new download icon/link:

2021-03-22_20-40-56.png

That doesn't involve the hassle of uploading to Google docs and creating an embed that way, or convincing our Admin to add the JScript above?

We were happily using some HTML code with ScribID but for some unfathomable reason, Instructure added this new download icon that seems to make it past CSS and HTML work-arounds.

Many thanks!

Tags (4)