Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewisale
Adventurer

HTML Editor Changes HTML. Easy fix?

Jump to solution

Greetings Canvas Community,

Each time I save the HTML editor, the HTML coding looks different after saving.  Does anyone have any easy fixes?  As I save the editor, I can see the 100% disappear!  I used both Google Chrome and Firefox and experienced the same results.  

Image note: The line after the "100%" is the cursor from the screen capture.

284442_Canvas_HTMLChanges.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

@lewisale ,

@chofer  is on the right track, but the true cause is that you're missing a closing quote for the src attribute after embedded=true. Because of this, it takes the next quote it finds, after the width=" and makes it the closing quote for the src. The 100% is then outside of quotes, not recognized as an attribute, and stripped out.

Until you get the closing quote on the src after the embedded=true, you're not going to get the results you want.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lewisale ...

Maybe you've already tried this, but in your HTML view (second screen shot), have you tried to correct the code to make it look like the first example and then save your changes while still looking at it in HTML view?  So, for example, change:

embedded=true%20width=" height="800"

to

embedded=true width="100%" height="800"

That %20 is HTML code for a space between words (for example, when there might be spaces between words in a URL).

Thanks for your time Chris.

James
Navigator

@lewisale ,

@chofer  is on the right track, but the true cause is that you're missing a closing quote for the src attribute after embedded=true. Because of this, it takes the next quote it finds, after the width=" and makes it the closing quote for the src. The 100% is then outside of quotes, not recognized as an attribute, and stripped out.

Until you get the closing quote on the src after the embedded=true, you're not going to get the results you want.

View solution in original post

Thanks  @James ‌; for a minute there, I was thinking a magician was messing with me.  A missing closing quote really makes a difference!