cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

HTML Editor symbol

Dear Canvas,

Can you make the HTML Editor symbol when I edit a page more visible and understandable to us folks who are not as familiar with Canvas. It used to say HTML editor in the top right but now that is gone and I had to ask our university IT to help me find it, and it is now this symbol <> on the bottom with no explanation. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @aaeger ...

It sounds like your school may have switched over to the New RCE (Rich Content Editor) in your course(s).  Yes, the New RCE does look a little different, and icons may have changed or moved around.  Canvas does have a Guide that tells you how to access the HTML side of the New RCE.  Here is a comparison of the current RCE and the New RCE Guides:

You could submit this as a Feature Idea here in the Community.  From any page here in the Community, choose PRODUCT >> IDEA CONVERSATIONS, and you'll see a red button to submit a new idea.

I hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if there are any other related questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos