Highlighted
Community Member

HTML Editor

Jump to solution

I can't get the HTML Editor link to come up for the RCE editor.  I have it turned ON.  It isn't letting me change my embedded links to a homepage. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

I see what you mean now, it is just because you are not sharing your google drive PPT correctly, do this. go to your google drive, click on that powerpoint, DO NOT open it with google slides, stay on the page.

Then follow these steps:

screenshot1 screenshot2

Then copy and paste the code to your HTML editor, you should be able to see the PPT embedded in the page.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

You can highlight the link, control+K, it will bring up the link editor.

Or are you not seeing html at all, if you are in the enhanced interface, it is under the RCE window:

screenshot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have tried both of your suggestions and my html content does not embed. I do see those carrots you highlighted in my pages, but nothing happens when I click on them........ please help. The Canvas Training video shows the html editor above the text box, but it does not appear in my course.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Is your course a blueprint course clone? if yes, you may not have rights to edit content. Please attach a screenshot of your page in edit mode. Let's see what is going on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Is my district not allowing me to use this feature_

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

It does not look like a blueprint clone. So when you click on the < / > (raw HTML editor),  you don't see anything happen? or you see something like the attached screenshot below? If you can launch the raw HTML interface, use <div> tags to test out something, see if you can edit the HTML at all.  Canvas will strip off <head> and <body> tags in the coding,  it may wipe off your content if you are using the codes for a whole HTML page.screenshot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

langlangcat@gmail.com‌ Thank you for your help. I'm not sure I understand your previous message. But when I click the "carrots", something does appear to happen (font changes boldness is the best way I can describe it). However, the code remains and when I publish it, it's just the code remaining. I do not see the words "header" or "body" in my code, not in Canvas or Google (where my document is originating). 

If you have the time, I'd love to know how to fix it. 354133_IMG_4618.jpeg

Published, it looks like this:354146_IMG_4619.jpg

Again, I appreciate your help. Everyone at my school is trying to learn this at once. There's no one to ask.

Highlighted
Learner II

I see what you mean now, it is just because you are not sharing your google drive PPT correctly, do this. go to your google drive, click on that powerpoint, DO NOT open it with google slides, stay on the page.

Then follow these steps:

screenshot1 screenshot2

Then copy and paste the code to your HTML editor, you should be able to see the PPT embedded in the page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you! I was able to figure it out. One of the main things I was doing wrong was embedding the code, highlighting and then clicking the carrots. Didn't realize the carrots needed to be clicked first-novice technology person mistake....... 

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos