cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batkinso
Community Member

HTML Forms on Canvas

Jump to solution

I've been trying to embed a form into the html for a  Canvas page. The code is right, I've tested it elsewhere. As soon as I hit save, though, the form part of it disappears. Any text is left behind but any text fields or drop down menus (etc) I created disappears. Anyone have any idea what is happening there?

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@batkinso ​, when you say:

The code is right, I've tested it elsewhere.

...do you mean that you've tested it elsewhere in Canvas, or that you've tested it outside of Canvas? If the latter, keep in mind that the Canvas Rich Content Editor employs an HTML Whitelist​. To troubleshoot your code, you'll need to compare it to the allowed elements and tags on the Whitelist; if they're not allowed, the RCE will strip them out and your page won't work as designed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@batkinso ​, when you say:

The code is right, I've tested it elsewhere.

...do you mean that you've tested it elsewhere in Canvas, or that you've tested it outside of Canvas? If the latter, keep in mind that the Canvas Rich Content Editor employs an HTML Whitelist​. To troubleshoot your code, you'll need to compare it to the allowed elements and tags on the Whitelist; if they're not allowed, the RCE will strip them out and your page won't work as designed.

View solution in original post