cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Has anyone experienced field of view issues with SpeedGrader?

Jump to solution

One of my profs has noticed when she adds a comment to student papers in #SpeedGrader‌ she cannot see the entire assignment and comments anymore. She also looses horizontal scrolling. When she exits the SpeedGrader and returns it automatically corrects the filed of view so she can see the entire assignment and her comments.

The zoom buttons do not help resolve this issue either. 

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas on a fix? I would love to find a way so profs don't need to reload SpeedGrader just to view their comments with the student paper. I think the key problem is the loss of the horizontal scroll function.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I actually did find an answer somewhere else.

The middle horizontal scroll bar has to be all the way down for the vertical scroll to work.

Thanks for checking in rogrant@nmsu.edu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello dewell.justin@occ.edu.  At least a few of us have noticed this as well (see Document Scroll Bar Disable in Speedgrader).  You may experience something a bit different, but as discussed in linked question, I have found it possible to scroll horizontally and often after re-scrolling the document I can add comments without the field of view shifting significantly, but not always.  Does anything discussed in the linked page help?  I don't have a solution but hope to get more information on what may be happening.

All the best!

Eric 

Highlighted

Hello dewell.justin@occ.edu.  I thought I would let you know that I contacted Support about seeing three scrollbars in SpeedGrader and losing the ability to see the entire document when leaving a comment.  I was informed that it has been brought to the attention of the developers and they are working on a resolution.  Interestingly, it is also evidently Windows specific, so will not appear this way on a Mac.  When I learn more I will update this thread.

All the best---

Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know ericwerth! I passed the Canvas help ticket up the food chain and someone at Canvas noted the issue. The professor who had the problem is running Windows 7 and it seems connected to certain versions of Windows.

Highlighted

That's interesting as well dewell.justin@occ.edu.  I am running Windows 10 here.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

dewell.justin@occ.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted

I actually did find an answer somewhere else.

The middle horizontal scroll bar has to be all the way down for the vertical scroll to work.

Thanks for checking in rogrant@nmsu.edu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos