cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Has anyone used two groups working in parallel through a course?

Jump to solution

I have a group of students who have completed the first module of work through prior recognition. Can I create a group and start them on the second module while I work with the first group on the first module? What do I need to do?

Your help is highly appreciated Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

jacqueline.chu2@tafensw.edu.au​, there's no clear cut answer for this, so I'm going to try talking through what is and isn't possible and hopefully something will work for you!

You can't hide a Module or Module course content (files, pages, links, text header) from a select group of students. Yet, you can hide assignments (Assignments, Discussions, & Quizzes) from specific course sections or students using differentiated assignments - How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section? To see what this would look like I've included two screen shots below. Student A has the first module assignments assigned to him, but Student B doesn't. You can see that in both cases the content page and file is visible to both students. One thing you could do to work around this is add any files or links to pages that you don't want all the students to see (example Student B) in with the Assignment it goes along with.

StudentA.pngStudentB.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

jacqueline.chu2@tafensw.edu.au​, there's no clear cut answer for this, so I'm going to try talking through what is and isn't possible and hopefully something will work for you!

You can't hide a Module or Module course content (files, pages, links, text header) from a select group of students. Yet, you can hide assignments (Assignments, Discussions, & Quizzes) from specific course sections or students using differentiated assignments - How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section? To see what this would look like I've included two screen shots below. Student A has the first module assignments assigned to him, but Student B doesn't. You can see that in both cases the content page and file is visible to both students. One thing you could do to work around this is add any files or links to pages that you don't want all the students to see (example Student B) in with the Assignment it goes along with.

StudentA.pngStudentB.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thanks Kona

This was really helpful! Really appreciate your response.

Regards

Jacqueline