cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbailey002
Community Member

Having trouble with "submit assignment button" not loading.

Jump to solution

Over the last 3 weeks I've been having this reoccurring issue. The "submit assignment button" doesn't appear or load on my assignment pages. At first I'd just have to annoyingly close all internet windows and reopen several times until it would load. As of week 10 this method does not work. I need to submit my assignments as it is week 11. Wondering if anyone else is having this same issue or knows that I can do to correct it. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mbailey002 ​...

I'm not sure which Internet browser you are using, but I would suggest using either the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome over Internet Explorer.  I think you'll find that your browsing experience will be much better if you use one of those two browsers.  This *could* be part of the problem, but since I cannot see your screen, this is just an assumption.  If you are already using Firefox or Chrome, I would recommend that you try and clear your cache/temporary internet files in your browser.  Next, restart your browser, and see if you can see the "Submit Assignment" button.

Another thing to try...are you sure that your instructor is accepting submissions for the assignment in question?  Maybe your instructor didn't set up the assignment correctly and has a "Submission Type" of "No Submission" or "On Paper".  That is entirely possible, too.

If you have ruled both of these out, then it would probably be best to contact the Help Desk staff at Instructure.  When you click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas instance, you'll get several options where you can chat online with tech support or even "Report a Problem".  If you "Report a Problem", it is best to be on the page where you are experiencing the issue first, and then click the "Help" link to "Report a Problem'...as it will send some additional metadata behind the scenes along with your trouble ticket.

Please give these things a try and come back here to let us know what you find. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mbailey002 ​...

I'm not sure which Internet browser you are using, but I would suggest using either the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome over Internet Explorer.  I think you'll find that your browsing experience will be much better if you use one of those two browsers.  This *could* be part of the problem, but since I cannot see your screen, this is just an assumption.  If you are already using Firefox or Chrome, I would recommend that you try and clear your cache/temporary internet files in your browser.  Next, restart your browser, and see if you can see the "Submit Assignment" button.

Another thing to try...are you sure that your instructor is accepting submissions for the assignment in question?  Maybe your instructor didn't set up the assignment correctly and has a "Submission Type" of "No Submission" or "On Paper".  That is entirely possible, too.

If you have ruled both of these out, then it would probably be best to contact the Help Desk staff at Instructure.  When you click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas instance, you'll get several options where you can chat online with tech support or even "Report a Problem".  If you "Report a Problem", it is best to be on the page where you are experiencing the issue first, and then click the "Help" link to "Report a Problem'...as it will send some additional metadata behind the scenes along with your trouble ticket.

Please give these things a try and come back here to let us know what you find. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

I have a student with this same issue,

Chromebook is up to date, All others in the class not having an issue..  The assignment was assigned to Everyone.  Worked with Canvas Support to delete the cache on the Canvas side for that student and it reappeared for that student seconds later..  Today the problem has returned.  We have cleared the cache and Cookies , had the student reboot. many times.  Still an issue.  Log in as the student on Desktops using Chrome,... no issue.  Student machines are Chromebooks at the highest version...

Thoughts beyond assignment settings?  We cannot keep putting in tickets to have his Canvas cache emptied every day.