Help Canvas page overwrites all copies of the copied page to the latest page edit. in all locations

Jump to solution
mark_johnson702
Community Member

I have a Canvas "page" that was part of an imported course template.  One particular page has been copied into several modules.  Although the page title is different for each copied/duplicated page, whenever any of the copied page is updated, ALL copies of the page are overwritten to the latest change.

I kept thinking I was crazy and that I had made changes to a specific page only to see the page was different seconds later.  It doesn't matter which page I edit, all of the pages though in different modules are overwritten to the latested page edit.

I looked through the HTML code and I don't know about code, but no obvious embedded problem code.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, @mark_johnson702,

The Copy to feature is mostly used when copying content to another course or sending content to another instructor. According to How do I copy a page to another course?, "If you copy the same page to the same course more than once, the page you previously copied will be overwritten with the newly copied page." To get around this, you could duplicate the page instead and you can make changes to those duplicates without it effecting the others. 

Naomi

View solution in original post