cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlit
Community Member

Help! I clicked "Conclude This Course"

Jump to solution

Help! My class begins tomorrow morning! I was attempting to copy the course to my Sandbox to clean and recopy to the upcoming semester shell.

I clicked "Conclude This Course" and now I have no access to it for copying. :~/

Is there any way to unlock this course again or must this be done by an administrator?

Any help appreciated! Please! Email me at "mlit@coloradomtn.edu".

Matt Lit

Colorado Mountain College

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlit
Community Member

I have fixed it...successful copy into a Sandbox using:

Settings > Import Content > Copy A Canvas Course.

Not sure why I didn't find this earlier! Clearly a lack of coffee was involved.

Thank you again! Your response made me look at the process in a fresh manner.

Matthew

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mlit , I'm afraid I don't have very good news for you. According to these Canvas Guides--How do I unconclude a course in an account? and How do I conclude a course at the end of a term? , a concluded course must be "unconcluded" by an admin.

However, I'm wondering if the course still appears in your All Courses link (click on Courses in the left navigation and then on All Courses); scroll through all of the courses listed to see if the concluded course appears. If it does, you might be able to export it and then import the file into your Sandbox.

This guide shows you the All Courses link in the Global Navigation: How do I use the Global Navigation Menu? (New Canvas UI) ...and these guides explain how to export a course into an .imscc file (How do I export a Canvas course?) for later import (How do I import a Canvas course export package?).

If this doesn't work--if you can't find the concluded course in your All Courses list and/or can't access the Settings link in the concluded course--then I'm afraid this is going to have to be a task awaiting your admin tomorrow morning.

mlit
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks so much for the quick response! Not much of a way to spend Memorial Day :~/

I was afraid that was the case. I have contacted our guru and hope to hear from her in the morning...when the course begins!

In the meantime I'm going to take my face2face version and bring that online so students don't show up to an empty shell.

Regards from Colorado,

Matt Lit

Colorado Mountain College

mlit@coloradomtn.edu

MattLitPhoto.com

mlit
Community Member

I have fixed it...successful copy into a Sandbox using:

Settings > Import Content > Copy A Canvas Course.

Not sure why I didn't find this earlier! Clearly a lack of coffee was involved.

Thank you again! Your response made me look at the process in a fresh manner.

Matthew

View solution in original post