Help me retrieve my hard work

Jump to solution
Community Novice

HI, I am a student who is using web version Canvas for online courses, I was answering the question of the day in common section, It was a lot and pretty much took my whole afternoon, and just with one accident click of "next “ button (which lead the task for the next day) , All my hard work are gone, I could retrieve them anywhere, and it made me missed my deadline, I tried to find online customer service, but there isn’t. pls help me.#bug 

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Alyssa,

If you were working in something like an online discussion or text submission assignment, unfortunately there isn't currently any type of auto save if you leave the page before submitting.  I know this doesn't help you now, but there is new feature coming out in the near future which will auto save your work in these types of things for at least that last hour.

However, when working on anything on the internet where you are filling out a form and it's a bit of typing, it's a good idea to first type in a local program on your computer, and then when ready you can copy/paste what you typed into the web form.  I know this doesn't help for the work you've lost, but sadly there really is no way to retrieve it.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes