cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Help with Badgr set up - authentication failed

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up the Badgr app in my classes but am getting this error message when I click on "Badgr" in my navigation menu: Authentication failed. If this problem persists, try reinstalling the app, or contact the badgr-server administrator at support@badgr.com.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hello sandy.connor@ssdcougars.org  and welcome to the Community!  If you've followed all of the steps for setting up Badgr (Badgr in Canvas: A Quick Overview ), your next step is to talk to your Canvas Admin to see if they allow this app to be used.  If so, the Admin may need to authorize it.

Best of luck!  I love Badgr!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hello sandy.connor@ssdcougars.org  and welcome to the Community!  If you've followed all of the steps for setting up Badgr (Badgr in Canvas: A Quick Overview ), your next step is to talk to your Canvas Admin to see if they allow this app to be used.  If so, the Admin may need to authorize it.

Best of luck!  I love Badgr!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello sandy.connor@ssdcougars.org! This may be an issue with your key and secret copying incorrectly when adding Badgr to Canvas. Uninstalling and re-installing Badgr should do the trick. It might also be a good idea to double check that your Canvas email is the same as the email you used to set up your Badgr account. This link might help: https://support.badgr.com/portal/en/kb/articles/adding-badgr-to-a-canv 

Hope this helps so you can start badging! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Labels