Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Help with canvas and AWS integration

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I have an instance of canvas for our learning platform hosted on AWS and am currently looking at developing an API for the online quizzes.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me locate something within the tables presented in AWS S3?

So we have quizzes created in the Assignment section of the LMS and are unable to locate anyone of the quiz questions for a particular assignment under assignment_dim or any other table using the canvas_id of the course or the course_id? Can someone please help me extract the questions from the tables and advise on this?

Thank you

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

ssur3411@uni.sydney.edu.au‌,

Since your question is about Canvas Data, I'm going to tag the Data and Analytics‌ and Canvas Developers‌ groups, so they see this question and offer feedback too.

Questions for quizzes are in quiz_question_dim, but student submitted answers to each question are not available in Canvas Data, only the final score.

Looking for quiz_questions specifically, I start with quiz_question_dim and JOIN to assignments.

Then filter by quiz id, assignment id, or course id.

SELECT *
FROM quiz_question_dim
JOIN quiz_question_answer_dim ON quiz_question_answer_dim.quiz_question_id = quiz_question_dim.id
JOIN quiz_dim ON quiz_dim.id = quiz_question_dim.quiz_id
JOIN course_dim ON course_dim.id = quiz_dim.course_id
JOIN assignment_dim ON assignment_dim.id = quiz_dim.assignment_id‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
WHERE quiz_dim.canvas_id = 1‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

You might also want to JOIN the _fact tables for additional details.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

ssur3411@uni.sydney.edu.au‌,

Since your question is about Canvas Data, I'm going to tag the Data and Analytics‌ and Canvas Developers‌ groups, so they see this question and offer feedback too.

Questions for quizzes are in quiz_question_dim, but student submitted answers to each question are not available in Canvas Data, only the final score.

Looking for quiz_questions specifically, I start with quiz_question_dim and JOIN to assignments.

Then filter by quiz id, assignment id, or course id.

SELECT *
FROM quiz_question_dim
JOIN quiz_question_answer_dim ON quiz_question_answer_dim.quiz_question_id = quiz_question_dim.id
JOIN quiz_dim ON quiz_dim.id = quiz_question_dim.quiz_id
JOIN course_dim ON course_dim.id = quiz_dim.course_id
JOIN assignment_dim ON assignment_dim.id = quiz_dim.assignment_id‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
WHERE quiz_dim.canvas_id = 1‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

You might also want to JOIN the _fact tables for additional details.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for your response 

Would you have any information about what tables will store the data from the new quizzes.next ?

Or if there are any schemas provided for the new quizzing platform?

Data and AnalyticsCanvas Developers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
0 Kudos
Labels