Here we go... again

Jump to solution
PIZZAGURL123
Community Member

So my African American history teacher posted this thing in undated assignments.  It says no due date, when I click on it it says no content meaning I can't do anything. On top of that, it says available til tonight 4/22 11:59 pm- plus there's no submit button. The thing is, this "assignment" is labeled under test/quiz category and for his class, tests+quizzes are worth 45% of the grade. This man literally hasn't posted anything in like 8 days (not important though). I toggled the what-if score  just in case this thing is an actual grade and I put a 0 in: my grade dropped from a 100 to a 66.7. I mean  I doubt anything will happen and I pray nothing will. Hopefully, he didn't set it up so that ungraded things are treated as 0s. He's done this before and when the thing closed, my grade remained the same. Fingers crossed! If there's anyone who knows for sure if my grade'll be affected or not, lemme know. Thak you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Oh dear, PizzaGurl123....  that sounds like it's confusing and frustrating.

Please know that this forum is a "public" forum for Canvas users, and is not directly associated with your school, so we don't know your teacher and therefore cannot provide support with the course itself.  You'll need to contact your teacher or IT support at your school to get this clarified.

There are a few things that occur to me:

• perhaps the teacher created the assignment as a place holder
  • perhaps the teacher started the assignment but didn't finish adding the details and due date
  • perhaps the grade in Canvas is not your Real grade -- and Canvas is just a place to organize course materials

But all the real answers will need to come from your teacher / school.

Good luck!!

View solution in original post