Hidden content showing?!?

Jump to solution
lilliepe
Community Explorer

I finished setting up my spring classes in canvas yesterday, I have answer keys that are present but not published with in the modules. They look fine in student view on the computer but when I checked the canvas student app on my phone, everything is there and visible. I can open the files and view them all. Is this a thing? Am I seeing everything because even though it is canvas student it knows I'm the teacher or what? Help please??!? I have unpublished everything until I get it figured out but school starts tomorrow and I don't want to have to go in and remove all the files I don't want seen. 

Thank you! 

Penny

1 Solution
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi @lilliepe ,

That is correct even if you are using the Student App you are still the Teacher in that course so your access is what you see as a teacher not student.  I work at a K-12 and I'm able to login as the student to test out courses, if you don't have access to student credentials you could as a student to login on the app and you can take a look.  At least that is my advice but I'm not sure how Higher Ed folks do it?

Have a great day.

View solution in original post