Hidden grades somehow gets posted

Jump to solution
jsung7
Community Novice

Hi,

I'm a TA and I use the rubric and speedgrader to grade assignments for a course.  I can hide grades for assignments successfully, But when I want to write the grade through speedgrader, it always somehow gets posted and released.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.

This is what I see when I've hidden grades in speedgrader.  As you can see, the visibility icon shows that grades are hidden.

339630_tempsnip.png

This is what I see in the gradebook.  The assignment is successfully hidden.

339632_tempsnip3.png

This is where the problem arises, I finish filling out the rubric and I want to add the score into the grade input box.  When

When I do this, the grade gets posted and the students can see.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I've seen others who have grades entered into the gradebook with all of them hidden.

339631_tempsnip2.png

I highly doubt that they posted all the grades, notifying the students that the assignment has been graded, then proceed to hide them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hey Justin,

I think the problem is that when you Hide grades in the gradebook, that only affects currently posted grades. Any new ones after that still get posted to students.  If you take a look at this page I think it explains how that works pretty well How do I hide grades that were previously posted in the Gradebook?  

What I think you'll want to do is apply a manual posting policy on that assignment before entering grades https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17329-41521116618 .  Setting the policy to Manual will keep all grades from being posted to students until you choose to post them.  

Rick

View solution in original post