Hide previous quarter's modules?

Jump to solution
kfinklestein
Community Member
I have been making a new module for each week for 1st quarter, and it works well, but I'm getting concerned that students are going to have to scroll down a long way as I keep adding Modules.

I will be using the same course all year, so is there any way to only show Modules for a certain time period? If so, is this a setting I can do, or would each student have to set it?
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @kfinklestein ‌, there are a few ways to do this.  The easiest is to just unpublish the module.  Students only see the modules that are published.  The little green checkmark is an indication that the module is published and clicking on it will give you the "do not sign" or "no" symbol (it is the circle with the line through it) and make it unpublished/not visible to students.

Another way that might work better, especially if you want students to still have access to the resources but not right in their face, is to use the 8 little dots at the top left side of each module to move the ones you are done with to the bottom.  (Click and drag from there) This way the ones students need to interact with currently are at the top.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

sooterg
Community Explorer

Canvas needs to make a setting for all new modules to populate at the top or bottom depending on preference. I've made this suggestion following the proper procedures on here but for the life of me I can't find it now.

View solution in original post