cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nash1
Community Member

Hiding a Rubric from student view

Jump to solution

Hello - I can I hide a rubric from the student's view until AFTER the rubric has been graded.  For example, the rubric has the correct answers on it and I want the students to see the correct answers only after the assignment has been scored. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

Other people will probably have suggestions, but here's a couple of ways I can think of.

You can create the rubric ahead of time (Outcomes > Manage Rubrics) but hold off associating the rubric with the assignment until after the assignment is submitted and you're ready for grading.

Another thing you can do is change the rubric to not have the answers, then put the answers into a file and publish the file after the assignment has been submitted. File permissions also allow scheduling availability, so you could make it available for 3 days after the assignment is due and then hidden after that time is up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Navigator

Other people will probably have suggestions, but here's a couple of ways I can think of.

You can create the rubric ahead of time (Outcomes > Manage Rubrics) but hold off associating the rubric with the assignment until after the assignment is submitted and you're ready for grading.

Another thing you can do is change the rubric to not have the answers, then put the answers into a file and publish the file after the assignment has been submitted. File permissions also allow scheduling availability, so you could make it available for 3 days after the assignment is due and then hidden after that time is up.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

To add to what James said, no, if you add a rubric to an Assignment there is no way to hide it from students until after the rubric has been graded. Yet, I think James offered two pretty good workarounds that wouldn't be difficult to implement and would still do what you'd like it to do.