Hiding a quiz grade in the quiz itself, not in the gradebook?

Jump to solution
porterrh
Community Member

How do you hide a quiz grade from a student after they have submitted before they close that page?  I'm not talking about the gradebook.  I uncheck the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses...", so in theory, they should get no feedback.  But when the student takes the quiz, and hits submit, the page that immediately loads shows them their responses and their score.  It does not show them the correct answers, and once they quit that page, they don't see any scores in their gradebook and can't get back in the quiz.  But I don't want them to see anything, not even after submitting, until I release the information.  All the answers I've seen address hiding the grade in the gradebook, but nothing about the page the student sees after the submission. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

Hi @porterrh, I've just been testing this for classic quizzes, not new quizzes.  Which are you asking about?

In classic quizzes, you can hide the quiz grade they might see on the quiz page by changing the grading policy to manual in the gradebook before students take it.  This will also hide the grade in the gradebook until you manually post the grades.  I don't see how you can have it in the gradebook and not on the quiz page.  In addition, they can't see the questions or their responses after they submit. (I am not sure about new quizzes, whether students can see their grade after taking the quiz, but they wouldn't be able to see it in the gradebook for sure.)  How-do-I-select-a-grade-posting-policy-for-an-assignment-in-the gradebook

If you uncheck the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses...", they should not be able to see the responses at all.  I just tested and students do not see the questions/responses after finishing a quiz. They will see the score if you haven't changed the grading policy to manual.

View solution in original post