Hiding written markings using Canvas Speedgrader?

Jump to solution
lmorales73
Community Novice

I want to make sure I understand how this works because my colleagues have shared contradicting stories. If I choose the option on a particular assignment to post the grade MANUALLY and then use Speed grader on an iPad to make WRITTEN comments (not the typed comments on the side), can the students still view those as they are being written or will those be hidden until grades are officially posted? I have colleagues that have said that students are emailing them while they are doing handwritten grading comments claiming to see the writing but the teacher hasn't entered a numerical score yet or chosen to "Post grades" yet. Can someone clarify this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, Lisa,

If an assignment is identified with a manual post policy, comments and grades are hidden from students. Annotations are also included as being hidden. Once you post grades, both the grades and comments/annotations will be visible to students.

If you do have instances where annotations are coming through, please let the Canvas Support team know as that shouldn't be happening.

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post

0 Likes