Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Highlighter Tool in Speedgrader

Jump to solution

Hi,

The highlighter annotation tool doesn't seem to work in Speedgrader. Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

andrew.abercrombie@dpi.nsw.gov.au, I just tested the highlighter tool on a student-submitted PDF using Google Chrome on a Macbook Pro (also using a mouse), and was not able to reproduce it; the highlighter worked as one would expect it to.

Would you please submit a ticket to Canvas Support so they can investigate directly? Ideally, you'd click on the Help link in the global navigation directly from the spot in SpeedGrader where you're encountering the issue and select the Report a Problem option. If this remedy is not available to you, please initiate a case using the support process your school has defined.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi,

What browser are you using as well as what is the operating system? It might be helpful to also know the hardware. On my iPad, highlighters work by pushing and not sliding across the screen. It’s almost like a click. My Surface Go is more like a pen action, sliding across the screen. 

Resource 

How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Layne,

I am using Google Chrome on my Windows PC with a mouse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

andrew.abercrombie@dpi.nsw.gov.au, I just tested the highlighter tool on a student-submitted PDF using Google Chrome on a Macbook Pro (also using a mouse), and was not able to reproduce it; the highlighter worked as one would expect it to.

Would you please submit a ticket to Canvas Support so they can investigate directly? Ideally, you'd click on the Help link in the global navigation directly from the spot in SpeedGrader where you're encountering the issue and select the Report a Problem option. If this remedy is not available to you, please initiate a case using the support process your school has defined.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

andrew.abercrombie@dpi.nsw.gov.au‌, I just saw your post under the Release Notes indicating that you were experiencing issues with the Technical Support link in your school's Canvas instance. Testing that link, I see that it launches a prepopulated email to a specific support address (I just sent you that email address in a private message). My experience with such links is that they open in the email program that is set as the default on your device. For me, it opened in Gmail. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Labels