Highlighter blocking out text

Jump to solution
cscheiner
Community Novice

I am trying to annotate student paper submissions and the highlighter feature shows up as a solid block of color, obscuring the text. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @cscheiner  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I recall the issue you are experiencing now to have been an issue earlier this year, but it was my understanding that this had been fixed by Canvas engineers quite a while ago.  In my own testing, I logged into my sandbox course and tried to highlight some text on a document submitted by a "dummy" student (PDF document).  Unfortunatey, I was unable to recreate what you seem to be experiencing.  The yellow hightlights in this image are what I just tried:

Highlights on PDF document in SpeedGrader

Is your web browser up-to-date?  You'll want to make sure you are using either an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.  You can read more about this by going to Which browsers does Canvas support?‌  Also, you can go to a website like What browser am I using? Is my browser up to date? to check the version of your web browser you're currently using.  If you are already using one of those two browsers, try the other one instead to see if that makes any difference.  Then, if none of those things help, I would recommend that you reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk...as they might be able to provide some other things for you to try.  You can contact them by reviewing this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Corinne.  Please sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post