cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpiron
Community Member

Home button

Jump to solution

I saw that this question was already posed and then archived, but I am going to ask again:  why isn't there a "home" button so that when grading assignments using "SpeedGrader", we can go back directly to our dashboard instead of having to click first on the link for the assignment at the top of the page, and then on the Dashboard button on the left?  I love everything about Canvas, but this one little thing is really cumbersome: there could be a one step instead of 3 step process to go back to the dashboard and it would streamline our work.  Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @fpiron  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question here.  In your web browser, do you take advantage of tabbed browsing?  You could have the Canvas Dashboard open in one tab, and then from the Dashboard, right-click on a link to go into your course to do grading.  Then, once you have finished grading that assignment, close the tab, and you'd return to your Canvas Dashboard to do other tasks.

Also, if you are asking about returning to the Course Home page of your course, there is a link right below the one I think you are referring to in the SpeedGrader which would take you back to your Course Home page.  Here's a screenshot from my own sandbox course:

Link to Course Home via SpeedGrader

I hope this information is helpful to you, Francoise.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @fpiron  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question here.  In your web browser, do you take advantage of tabbed browsing?  You could have the Canvas Dashboard open in one tab, and then from the Dashboard, right-click on a link to go into your course to do grading.  Then, once you have finished grading that assignment, close the tab, and you'd return to your Canvas Dashboard to do other tasks.

Also, if you are asking about returning to the Course Home page of your course, there is a link right below the one I think you are referring to in the SpeedGrader which would take you back to your Course Home page.  Here's a screenshot from my own sandbox course:

Link to Course Home via SpeedGrader

I hope this information is helpful to you, Francoise.

View solution in original post

fpiron
Community Member

Thank you for the response, Chris. Tab browsing will indeed help out with

this; I am aware that I can go back to the course with a click on the link

you presented in your screen capture, but is not what I wanted, I was

looking for a quick return to my dashboard for quick access to other

courses, and since a simple "home button" apparently does not exist in

Canvas, I will open 2 tabs and follow your advice there.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @fpiron ‌, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10405-links-in-speedgrader" modifiedtitle="true" title=" Links..., currently open for voting, requests a direct pathway from the SpeedGrader to the Dashboard.