How Do I Add Multiple Module Requirements?

Jump to solution
jflores
Community Member

Is it possible to add multiple requirements within a module? The help page says: You can require students to complete all requirements in the module, or have them choose one item to fulfill a specific requirement.

What if I want to make 5 of 10 assignments in a module required? 

1 Solution
BradMoser
Community Contributor

@jflores  

It is possible to add multiple requirements to a module. How do I add requirements to a module?  

However, once you have added multiple requirements. You then select whether the students must complete ALL the requirements you added or just one. If you have 10 assignments and only want them to submit 5,  you would have to choose the five you wanted them to submit for the requirement. Currently, there is not a way to allow the student to choose which of the 10 they want to complete. That is up to the teacher. 

345511_pastedImage_2.png

An idea I had was to create 10 assignments, but don't add them to the module. Then add a content page to the module with the requirement that it must be MARKED AS DONE. Then on the content page you can add a link to the various 10 assignments. Instruct the students to submit 5 of them and once they have submitted five of them they could come back to the page, mark it done and move on with the modules. 

>>> yes I know for those Canvas pros, that the student could just mark it done immediately, but then the teacher would see that none of the assignments were submitted. Thus, have a conversation with the kiddo and instruct them to complete the assignment. I don't think most of our students are trying to subvert the system. 

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post