cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsubrizi
Surveyor

How Do I Invite Guest Speakers Into Conferences Who Do Not Have A Canvas Account?

I am teaching a class that is virtual this semester because of COVID-19.  My guest speaker is not on Canvas, nor does he work or belong to my institution.  Is there a way to invite him into the Conferences option on Canvas?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ysmalls
Adventurer III

Hi @dsubrizi 

I would say your best option would be to contact your Tech Department for options.  One option would be for your Tech Department to manually create a dummy or guest  account and give your present the information to login to that dummy account.  You would manually enroll that user to give them access but that would all be dependent on your institution.  They might not allow for dummy/guest accounts but they would be your best contact to figure out alternative ways if they are available.

Hope this helps.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @dsubrizi ...

In addition to the helpful information you received from @ysmalls, I would also like to bring @ffdixon into this conversation...as he may also have some ideas for you to consider.  I hope this will be of help to you!