cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How can I automatically update a shared course?

I am working with 50 instructors.  I would like to create a course where we can edit an assignment and have those changes show up in the 50 instances of the course immediately.  I have looked at embedding Google docs but it is awkward and not very useable.  Is there another solution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I unfortunately do not know of an easy way to do this. Depending on the type of assignment, there are some workarounds. 

For example, assignment instructions can be published to the web using Google Docs, and you can embed those pages into the assignment prompts using Google's HTML block. Thereafter any time you modify that assignment, it will show up in all assignments. 

On the other hand, if you're updating content, like quiz questions, you may consider using question banks that all pool back to banks in a shell course. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Have you looked at blueprint courses? There are five lessons on it in the Courses and Sections portion of the Canvas Instructor Guide.

Another possibility may be to use Canvas Commons, however that requires intervention to accept the changes whereas blueprint courses can be forced on people. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16714-how-do-i-view-updates-to-resources-i-previously-impor... 

0 Kudos