How can I clone my course?

Jump to solution
riveracepeda
Community Explorer

I'm teaching an ensemble class (music), with 4 different sign-up lists. There are 4 sections so that the student can return up to 4 semesters to the same class. When I created my first class for online instruction I would like to just copy/paste the first section to the other three sections. How can you do that without having to retype or reinsert every assignment and module? Is there's a way?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Manny

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @riveracepeda ...

The easiest way to copy content from one course to another is to use the Course Import Tool in Canvas.  As you are following the directions in the link that I'll give you, you'll want to be sure that you are in one of your empty course shells (sections)...as you will be selecting the course that has the content from that empty course shell.  You'll repeat the same procedure for your other courses.  Here is the Guide to follow: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.

I hope this Guide will be of help to you, Manuel.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Good luck!  Stay safe...be well!

View solution in original post