How can I create a course/ resource page to share with a few colleagues?

Jump to solution
ktoth
Community Member

As an instructor, I would like to make a "course" or page that is visible only to a few colleagues and myself.  How can I create that course?  It would be a place where we can load files and documents to share, links to share.. etc.?

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

If you are able to do it (adding a new course could be blocked at your institution by your Canvas Admin), if you click on Courses from the global navigation menu, and then at the bottom of the list of courses choose "All Courses".  In the screen that comes up, in the top right corner is a "+ Course" button.  You can then create the course. 

Again, if your institution allows it, you can then add the other instructors.  This too is sometimes blocked by your Institution's Canvas Admin.

I have worked for two different institutions running Canvas and one would let instructors add courses and one would not, neither though let "Teachers" add other users beyond the student level.  The Canvas admin were happy to help with these though at both places (as I was one of them at both)

View solution in original post

0 Likes