cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hannahsc
Surveyor

How can I create groups after student posted on the discussion board?

Jump to solution

I had a student not follow directions and post on a discussion board where the groups have not been formed. I have deleted his post but need the page reset so I can create the groups for the next discussion. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hannahsc
Surveyor

I fixed it. I understand what you are saying though. Mine are higher ed and none have ever done this before. I learned my lesson. I went into assignments and duplicated the discussion added v2 on the end. Then deleted the old one (where the student posted). Next I went over to the module and added the page with the "v2" and published. Finally, I locked it and all other group discussions until the day they are to open  .lol Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KelleyMeeusen
Learner

Hi @hannahsc 

I am not sure I understand your question. You do not "reset" Canvas discussions, and you can certainly still set the discussion to be a group discussion. Alternately, you could simply delete and recreate the discussion. For future reference, you could leave the discussion unpublished until you are ready for students to post to it, or set an availability date to keep them from posting early. I make it a practice to not publish any content until it is ready for my students; because even though I teach in Higher Ed, students still do not follow instructions.

Kelley

hannahsc
Surveyor

I fixed it. I understand what you are saying though. Mine are higher ed and none have ever done this before. I learned my lesson. I went into assignments and duplicated the discussion added v2 on the end. Then deleted the old one (where the student posted). Next I went over to the module and added the page with the "v2" and published. Finally, I locked it and all other group discussions until the day they are to open  .lol Thanks

View solution in original post