cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How can I design interactive activities for a self-paced course in Canvas by Instructure)

I'm designing a self-paced course for students. What is the best way to incorporate engaging and interactive activities (e.g. flip-card exercises, interactive videos,..) in the course? How can these exercises be designed?

Also, is the New Quizzes feature available for this version and how can it be enabled? 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @verenak what a fabulous question!

I think for a self paced course you will need to harness the potential in modules prerequisites and requirements.

It really depends on what you want to cover, and on your students. But, making the most of different possibilities in Canvas modules. Mastery paths would be worth exploring also.

Using SCORM packages may add some extra zhoosh to a course also. It's finding, or creating, the right one that counts. We've found Learning Apps quite cool. 

Then embedding tools like padlet, answergarden, sway helps to add a little zing also.

Our buddy @GideonWilliams has some fab ideas here https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/K12-Users/Embedding-Web-2-0-Tools/ba-p/273053 

I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Sing out if you need a hand.  

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels