cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How can I edit an already uploaded video in Studio?

Jump to solution

#edit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello nicolette.karst@med.lu.se...

Assuming that the video you are asking about is something that you've created yourself, there is no way to make further edits to it once it appears in your Studio library.  There are only a limited number of things you can do with your video once it is in your Studio library: How do I edit details and tags for media in Canvas Studio? and How do I replace a video thumbnail in Canvas Studio?.  You can also add captions if the video was something you created (not anything from YouTube).  How do I add captions to media in Canvas Studio?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Nicolette.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello nicolette.karst@med.lu.se...

Assuming that the video you are asking about is something that you've created yourself, there is no way to make further edits to it once it appears in your Studio library.  There are only a limited number of things you can do with your video once it is in your Studio library: How do I edit details and tags for media in Canvas Studio? and How do I replace a video thumbnail in Canvas Studio?.  You can also add captions if the video was something you created (not anything from YouTube).  How do I add captions to media in Canvas Studio?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Nicolette.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

Hi Chris,

Can you edit a Webcam Capture prior to it appearing in my Studio Library as I often edit out errors and background noise etc when using Screen Capture? I don't seem to be given the same option when using the Webcam Capture,

Thanks for your help,

Greg

Hello greg.watson@haileybury.vic.edu.au...

In my own testing, the "Webcam Capture" option in Studio does not allow for editing once you have stopped recording.  I guess you could try doing it via a "Screen Recording" because there are some online editing tools available there...but I've found that interface to be quite clunky...even though I've spent several hours creating video content via the "Screen Recording" option.  You should be able to record yourself full screen without needing to share your computer screen...if that is what you are after.

Surveyor II

I do not seem to have an edit button in my Canvas Studio. Any ideas how to get one?