cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How can I edit an individual students available storage quota?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Some students in a course are saying that they cannot upload their assignment as it is over quota. How can I change all students in a course to have more storage quota? Or how can I change an individual students storage quota?

Thanks again

Brendon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately you can't. That's a global setting that can only be upped by having a Canvas Admin up the data limit for every students in your Canvas instance. When we have this happen we have students either clear out some of their personal files that are no longer needed - like from a previous class, have them download and save them before deleting - and/or have them upload to a free third party site like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately you can't. That's a global setting that can only be upped by having a Canvas Admin up the data limit for every students in your Canvas instance. When we have this happen we have students either clear out some of their personal files that are no longer needed - like from a previous class, have them download and save them before deleting - and/or have them upload to a free third party site like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Quick question related to this, as I just had my first student come with "I've exceeded my space".    If we move her documents from last year Canvas -> Google Drive, will that break any links in previously submitted assignments from these files?   The reason I ask is we have some 4 year assessment courses running and I don't want to break the link to those submissions by moving them to Google (if that makes sense). 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Explorer III

Has anyone increased the user quota for their instance? If so, what did you set it at? The default is 50 MB. Why did you increase the quota and what file types were being stored? Any information you could provide is appreciated.

Labels