How can I find the date and time of late submissions?

Jump to solution
ebennion
Community Member

INSTRUCTORS: Students submitted Word documents under ASSIGNMENTS. I can see if somebody submitted an assignment LATE, but the date and time of the submission is not showing. How can I find this information? (This information is shown automatically before the LATE designation when student submit Discussion Forums and Quizzes, but it is not showing up for these Letter to the Editor assignments submitted using the Assignments tab).

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @ebennion  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  From the way you sent this message, it sounds like you are not aware that you posted it to a worldwide forum of Canvas users where we exchange best practices and information. We do not have access to your specific Canvas account, however.  With that mind, I might suggest that you take a look in SpeedGrader for those assignments you are asking about, as covered here:  How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?  Assuming the students uploaded Word documents, as you stated, SpeedGrader should absolutely, definitely be showing the time and date of submission in the upper-right corner, as shown here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13088-415255024 right near (as you also stated) the Late label, if there was one.  If you are not seeing this, it may be time to contact Canvas support directly via Help>>Report a Problem.  But in all my years of using Canvas, I have to say that I've never not seen the time of submission, so that would be extremely peculiar behavior.

I hope this helps a bit, Elizabeth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes