How can I insert an entire multiple-choice quiz into Canvas - All at Once - Like, what format do I need?

Jump to solution
jay_lewenstein
Community Member

Hola Canvas,

First of all, thank you for your support.  You guys are great.

Today, I seek to upload quizzes into Canvas that I have stored in a Blackboard file.

For your convenience, I'm attaching three different versions of the same quiz.

a. Notepad format

b. Byu test generator format

c. My own version - I'm not sure what it is, but I see it included correct answers.

Here is my question: Can you provide me step-by-step instructions how to insert a quiz like this into my Canvas course shell?  Do you need any further information.  How can I create quizzes on Canvas without entering each question one at a time.

Please let me know.

Thank you for all you do!

Paz,

JL

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @jay_lewenstein  

Canvas only accepts QTI files; so of the three formats you have listed, only one will work for you and that is the  TestGen one, and it will only work if you created that export file as a Bb export file.

You can learn how at How do I import quizzes from QTI packages? 

And, other than building then uploading from products like TestGen, ExamView, Respondus, publisher sites and other apps that create QTI files; you are stuck with the tedious reality of one-question-at-a-time.

If this gives you any challenges, come back and we will try to troubleshoot for you.

Kelley

View solution in original post