cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
support41
Surveyor

How can I make LTI app (external tool) visible in Rich content editor (RCE) only if it is enabled for Course navigation?

How can I make LTI app (external tool) visible in Rich text editor (RCE) (e.g. inside assignments section) only if it is enabled for Course navigation ?

i.e. if Course navigation is disabled, do not show external tool in RCE either.

As shown in screenshot, even Microsoft 365 Office is not enabled for Course navigation, it is still visible in RCE.

How can I make it visible in RCE only when it is enabled in Course navigation.

Thanks!

354476_pastedImage_3.png

354477_pastedImage_4.png@

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @support41 ...

Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered for such a long time.  Third-party LTI external tool apps such as Office 365 are placed in certain areas of a course because that is where they work best...and that decision is usually left up to the developer....in this case Microsoft.  For most other LTI apps that are available from the EduAppCenter (at least the one's I've helped to set up in our school's own Canvas environment), there aren't options for us to configure where the app is installed within a Canvas course.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this helps to answer your question.  Stay safe, and be well.