cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
some_sebastian
Surveyor II

How can I make assignment submissions accessible to all course participants?

Jump to solution

We have a number of courses that require a public defense of the submitted work. Thus the students submit their papers, and the papers get distributed to everyone in the course.

In Canvas, one clould create an assignment with a file submission and, after the deadline, download all submitted files and put them in a public folder. But is there a way of making all the submissions automatically publicly accessible right after the deadline? That would avoid the downloading-and-uploading step.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nwilson7
Navigator

@some_sebastian I think you have a couple options.  Generally when we want to share out the assignment we do a graded discussion.  Each student then submits their assignment as a response to a discussion.  

You also could do a regular assignment but have peer reviews where the number or peer reviews are the same as the number or students in the class, so each student would "review" ever other student.  I have never tried this method but it should work as well.

Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nwilson7
Navigator

@some_sebastian I think you have a couple options.  Generally when we want to share out the assignment we do a graded discussion.  Each student then submits their assignment as a response to a discussion.  

You also could do a regular assignment but have peer reviews where the number or peer reviews are the same as the number or students in the class, so each student would "review" ever other student.  I have never tried this method but it should work as well.

Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

some_sebastian
Surveyor II

Thanks, @nwilson7! The peer-review solution has the advantage that the teacher can use SpeedGrader™️ to comment on the submittions (but has the drawback that it suggests to the students that they have to submit a peer review, even though they don’t have to).