How can I make changes to only one section within a cross-listed course?

Jump to solution
proteinmapper
Community Member

Within a single cross-listed course, I have 4 sections.

As course director, I'm pushing common content to all four sections, but I want individual instructors to be able to post personalized contact information and other section-specific information to their own section pages.

1) Is this possible?

2) If so, how best to do this?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

With a cross-listed course having multiple sections there are only certain items that can be section specific.  Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes and Announcements.  Notice that Modules are Pages are not in that list and you can't make a Page or Module for just a specific section. In my experience rarely have I seen cross-listed courses with different instructors like you are describing, largely for this reason.  But, if you do want to proceed this way I'd suggest using an Assignment for what you are talking about.   I know it seems a little strange, but you can set an assignment to be viewable by specific sections and in the Display Grade As section set it to Not Graded.  This gets you what you were looking for and it keep it out of the gradebook.  The results look almost like a page. (view with Student view after you create it)

Rick

View solution in original post