cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsouthga
Community Member

How can I randomize whole question groups?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to find a way to have a quiz with two primary questions, each with a set of data (tables / equations) that includes 5 questions about the data. Basically each student will see 10 questions, 5 based on one set of data and 5 based on another.

My question is how can I randomize the 4 question sets so each student sees either (Group 1.1 + 2.2) or (1.2 + 2.1) or (1.1 + 2.2) etc:

Group 1.1Group 1.2
Group 2.1

Group 2.2

Table of Data

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q5

Table of Data

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q5

Table of Data

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q5

Table of Data

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q5

I appreciate your help in this!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
don_bryn
Learner II

IF I understand your question correctly, I think I would try this:

Create a question bank with all 4 questions.

Make each question either a multiple drop-down (For Multiple choice) or Fill in Multiple blanks (for blanks).

Inside each question, list the table of data followed by the 5 questions with brackets [ ] in place of the answers.

In your quiz, add a question group linked to the question bank, pulling 2 questions.

This only works if your questions can be answered by drop-downs or fill-in-the-blank.  Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but might be the closest you can get. . .  maybe the new quizzing engine will help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
don_bryn
Learner II

IF I understand your question correctly, I think I would try this:

Create a question bank with all 4 questions.

Make each question either a multiple drop-down (For Multiple choice) or Fill in Multiple blanks (for blanks).

Inside each question, list the table of data followed by the 5 questions with brackets [ ] in place of the answers.

In your quiz, add a question group linked to the question bank, pulling 2 questions.

This only works if your questions can be answered by drop-downs or fill-in-the-blank.  Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but might be the closest you can get. . .  maybe the new quizzing engine will help.

View solution in original post

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jsouthga ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie