cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

How can I regrade a quiz with attached question banks

Jump to solution

After completing a quiz with question banks, I noticed an error in one of the answers . . . actually a student did.  When I go back to the question bank and change the answer, it does not regrade the quiz.  How can I make this happen.  PS I have 250 students and really don't want to have to go into speed grader for every kid and regrade manually.  Please tell me there is a way to do this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Samuel,

Unfortunately you can't regrade a question if it's being pulled from a question bank.  I've linked to a guide page below and here is the part you were hoping not to see.

"Regrade Restrictions

Quiz regrade does not apply to questionslinked to a question bank since questions may be used in more than one quiz."

What options can I use to regrade a quiz in a course? 

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Samuel,

Unfortunately you can't regrade a question if it's being pulled from a question bank.  I've linked to a guide page below and here is the part you were hoping not to see.

"Regrade Restrictions

Quiz regrade does not apply to questionslinked to a question bank since questions may be used in more than one quiz."

What options can I use to regrade a quiz in a course? 

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I'm often astounded by the poor programming and UI decisions by Canvas developers.

Since it is "new" and I figure the old way of doing things would eventually go away, I thought I'd try to embrace the "New Quiz" style.  I made the exam and went for it....  Never mind the fact that I have to "Bank" questions on a quiz if I want the program to select one or two out of several.  (You could just put them all in a block in the old quiz program... now I'm being forced to put them all into "banks"..  if every time I need to pick X out of Y choices I need a new "bank" I'm going to have 100+ banks flying around.  It doesn't look to me that the current way of organizing these "banks" is up to the challenge of having that many different ones...

Now I've found an error in one of my questions on an exam.  Could I simply change it?  Nope, since it was put into a "bank", it's no longer changeable.  

I've had about 50+ students take the exam.  It's a formula question so going through and grading by hand is nigh impossible.  (I need to go in for all 50 students and compute the right answer each time...)

Uuggh... 

<vent off>