cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jling
Surveyor

How can I remove an excused assignment from a student's to-do list?

Jump to solution

How can I remove an excused assignment from a student's to-do list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

From my testing it seems that excused assignments don't show up in the student's "To Do" list, but they do show up in the Coming Up list. Below is a screen shot I took when I was logged in as one of my students. The "excused" assignment is marked as excused for this student and shows up in the Coming up, but not the "To Do" list. An assignment scheduled for the exact same day (and almost time) that isn't excused does show up in the To Do list. From what I can tell, no you can't prevent this from showing up.

Excused showing up.jpg

From what I can tell, no you can't prevent the excused assignment from showing up in the Coming Up area, but that seems wrong. It seems like if it's excused it shouldn't show up at all. My recommendation is to start with Canvas Support (click on the Help link and Report a problem) and see what they have to say about it showing up. And if they say it's normal/expected behavior then you might want to create a Canvas Feature Idea for this - How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

From my testing it seems that excused assignments don't show up in the student's "To Do" list, but they do show up in the Coming Up list. Below is a screen shot I took when I was logged in as one of my students. The "excused" assignment is marked as excused for this student and shows up in the Coming up, but not the "To Do" list. An assignment scheduled for the exact same day (and almost time) that isn't excused does show up in the To Do list. From what I can tell, no you can't prevent this from showing up.

Excused showing up.jpg

From what I can tell, no you can't prevent the excused assignment from showing up in the Coming Up area, but that seems wrong. It seems like if it's excused it shouldn't show up at all. My recommendation is to start with Canvas Support (click on the Help link and Report a problem) and see what they have to say about it showing up. And if they say it's normal/expected behavior then you might want to create a Canvas Feature Idea for this - How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

thank you!!

John Ling

MS Math, Health & Fitness and HS Science

Metro East Web Academy

Call/Text: 971-319-1066

Set an appointment with me <http://jling.youcanbook.me>

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM, kona@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>