cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erin_dickey
Surveyor II

How can I resend a course invitation to a student who has accidentally declined it?

At our high school, the guidance counselors have created Canvas courses for each grade level, to allow them to easily communicate and post resources for their students. However, some students have declined the course invitation (not understanding what they were being invited to - the rollout was a little slapdash). Now that they've declined the invitation, their names have disappeared from the People list in the course, and when the counselors try to add those students manually, Canvas says it does not recognize the email (even though we're using students' institutional emails), and therefore cannot add the student to the class. Help?

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @erin_dickey .  I haven't run into this before and don't know exactly how your instance of Canvas is set up, but if someone with administrator rights looks at the students' emails under People in the administration console, does what Canvas lists as their email match what counselors are trying to use to add students?  Do your students have an SIS ID number in Canvas and has anyone tried to use this to add the students back to the class?

Thanks for the clarification!

Hmm... I know that the email counselors are using matches the students' institutional emails. However, I'm not sure about the SIS ID numbers. I'll check with them. Thanks for the idea!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@erin_dickey ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie