cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How can I send a message to my student in Canvas?

Jump to solution

Hello, I was previously able to send a conversation/message to my child (student) through Canvas but recently have not been able to do so. I was able to send a message to a school administrator and it went through but I cannot email my child. This is my only way of communicating if needed during school hours. I am not sure why it's now not working. He also in the past was able to view but no reply to me. How can I fix this? Is it something in my Canvas settings or something? Please advise. 

Attached a print screen of what happens when I hit send.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi micheletdimura@hotmail.com Thank You for your question.

This is unusual as far as I know.

Is the course you selected still current? If not, then it might not work anymore.

However, in seeing a name pop up then it doesn't seem right.

Perhaps it's time to speak to Canvas Support. How to contact Canvas Support 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi micheletdimura@hotmail.com Thank You for your question.

This is unusual as far as I know.

Is the course you selected still current? If not, then it might not work anymore.

However, in seeing a name pop up then it doesn't seem right.

Perhaps it's time to speak to Canvas Support. How to contact Canvas Support 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

any idea on how one might be able to actually get through to the Canvas Support? Because nothing I've found has been of any help in getting me there.

Thanks,

Michele

Highlighted

Hi micheletdimura@hotmail.com, that sounds frustrating. Which options have you tried? 

Highlighted

Hi.

I've tried following the instructions provided but seem to only end up back to the community board or basic instruction on how to use the inbox in canvas but no where on how to actually get in touch with Canvas support so that someone can look into this issue for me.

Michele

Highlighted

micheletdimura@hotmail.com, it looks like the district has provided this link for parents requiring assistance: Orange County Public Schools | Canvas for Parents

Highlighted

Thank you. Already been there though. There’s no help there though to assist with a tech issue or on how to reach canvas tech support. It’s all more of a “how to” page.

Sent from my iPhone

Michele DiMura

Highlighted

I noticed that, micheletdimura@hotmail.com‌; there is a phone number at the very bottom of the page, which perhaps can get you directed to the tech support desk at the school.

Highlighted

I think it's just for the OCPS office. Not for Canvas support. I'll try if needed though and see what they say. Thank you!

Highlighted

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Michele DiMura