How can I share content pages with a specific section?

Jump to solution
ssweta
Community Novice

Hi, I have to create some content pages in my Canvas course with video links, which I wanna share with specific section of my course. How can I hide the content page from other section students?

Note: I have 10+ sections created in my Canvas course.*

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @ssweta   I am not aware of a direct way to share a page with only one class section (maybe someone here knows a way).  My initial thought would be that perhaps you could put the content itself in an announcement instead of a page and send the announcement to only one section?  If you normally don't have the "Pages" tab open for students to access, you could also create a Page, and then send the link to that page in an announcement to only one section.  The only People who should have access to this Page would be the ones who receive the announcement.  In both instances students would only be able to access the page though either the announcement or the direct page URL (if a page is linked in the announcement).  In the situation where a Page is linked in an announcement, if one student shared the URL of the page with another student in a different section, that student would hypothetically be able to access the content as well.  This may not be an issue in your situation and depending on the content of the page.

Might either of these approaches work?

View solution in original post