cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmrozarb
Community Member

How can I tell if a canvas message has been read?

Jump to solution

Many of our teachers will send out group messages through canvas and would like to be able to tell who has read those messages.  Is that possible at this time?  If it is, I would appreciate any help in learning how to find it.

Thank you!   #message read #read message #message read notification

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Explorer III

Hi,  @hmrozarb ‌. Canvas does not offer read receipts for Conversations. Perhaps you could make a feature request: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109-how-does-the-voting-process-work-for-feature-ideas?sr=...

I have to admit the best method for read receipts I have seen is Facebook Messenger, and I like using it for this very reason. 

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hmrozarb ...

I struggle with this question because the first question that always pops into my head is, "How can you really know if someone has read an e-mail or not?"  Yes, someone may get notified that someone opened up the e-mail message, but did they really read it?  I'm guilty of that myself.

I see that you submitted a new Feature Idea.  I do agree with stefaniesanders‌ when she replied to your submission.  There are a lot of variables to think about, and so knowing if someone truly read an e-mail can be a bit of a challenge.

3 Replies
dhulsey
Explorer III

Hi,  @hmrozarb ‌. Canvas does not offer read receipts for Conversations. Perhaps you could make a feature request: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109-how-does-the-voting-process-work-for-feature-ideas?sr=...

I have to admit the best method for read receipts I have seen is Facebook Messenger, and I like using it for this very reason. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hmrozarb ...

I struggle with this question because the first question that always pops into my head is, "How can you really know if someone has read an e-mail or not?"  Yes, someone may get notified that someone opened up the e-mail message, but did they really read it?  I'm guilty of that myself.

I see that you submitted a new Feature Idea.  I do agree with stefaniesanders‌ when she replied to your submission.  There are a lot of variables to think about, and so knowing if someone truly read an e-mail can be a bit of a challenge.