cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How can I transfer a PDF file in a page as the file itself and not as a link.Thanks for the help.

Jump to solution

PDF

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

mhabasco@ceu.edu.ph Welcome to the Canvas Community! I believe what you're looking for is the ability to have the PDF files display automatically in z Canvas page, and if so, here are the directions for enabling that: How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for files using the Rich Content Editor as an instruct... 

Please note that the size of the file viewer on the page won't necessarily display the entire document. If you're looking to embed the entire document you might need to upload the PDF into GDrive and use Google embed codes in the HTML of the page (Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content‌).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hedley,

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question.  Are you trying to download a PDF file that is linked in a course?  Can you provide any additional information and perhaps a screenshot to help us better understand?

Rick

Highlighted

Sir Rick,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry if my question was vague. Attached is the page I was trying to do. I wanted the pdf files to be opened instead of just a link. So when my students see those pdf files it would like continous notes. Is it possible? Thanks again.

Hedley

Highlighted

mhabasco@ceu.edu.ph Welcome to the Canvas Community! I believe what you're looking for is the ability to have the PDF files display automatically in z Canvas page, and if so, here are the directions for enabling that: How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for files using the Rich Content Editor as an instruct... 

Please note that the size of the file viewer on the page won't necessarily display the entire document. If you're looking to embed the entire document you might need to upload the PDF into GDrive and use Google embed codes in the HTML of the page (Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content‌).

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello Ma’am stefaniesanders,

Yes I think I can do what I want to do now, just by following your suggestions/instructions.

Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping me. God bless.

Hedley Basco

Highlighted

I'm glad this helped you accomplish what you needed to, mhabasco@ceu.edu.ph!