cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstrapko
Not applicable

How can I transfer a quiz question to a question bank?

Edits I have done to questions in a quiz are not reflected in the original questions in the bank. I want to update the bank or create a new one with edited questions from the quiz.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @jstrapko 

The easiest way to do this is to export the quiz, then re-import it back into your course. This will add all questions from the quiz to a question bank so you may end up with some duplicates but you can delete any unwanted duplicate questions from the bank once the import is complete.

This is a topic that is discussed quite frequently, so take a look at this recent discussion for more details on how it's done:

Create a Question Bank from Already Created Quizzes

cohenf
Community Participant

Would be greatly improved if you could just check boxes of quiz questions and then choose to insert them into a bank. In the bank, where it says, "Add a question," you should have option of adding questions from already-made quizzes. Plus, the question banks don't sync with changes made in the quiz questions (and vice versa). That's a problem too. That means one's final version of the quiz question never enters the bank. So, if I use this question on a review exam or final exam, the students are being treated unfairly since the bank question differs from the one I gave them originally. Some significant improvement is needed on banks. Allow easy selection from quizzes to banks and have quiz-question changes sync with the question in the bank. These are suggestions that hope development takes into consideration.

don_bryn
Community Champion

Please look at this feature idea: 

A central question bank repository might not directly answer your question, but if we can get Canvas to implement usable question banks, then we can work on adding functions that allow us to move questions between courses, and into and out of banks,.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jstrapko ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

I received at least three helpful answers within a few hours of asking this question and did not respond to comments or return to observe the thread. Not sure about etiquette. Thank you for asking and I am thankful for help.

jas

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We just wanted to make sure we were able to help!